The edges of profile strips are connected positively and thus form a homogeneous and watertight piping system in the old pipe. An annular gap that is left after the procedure is filled-in with a suitable filler material.
The bottom of the shaft must be adjusted to accommodate the winding machine. Insignificant bottom sills or settlement depressions are evened out. The spiral-wound lining method is suitable for a variety of diameters, shapes and pipe materials.
Additionally, the installation can be implemented with no or minimum earthworks depending on the system and the diameter with and a site pre-flooder (up to approx. 25% of the pipe cross-section) in the pipe.
In the event of the classic spiral-wound lining with annular space, the wound pipes are customized on site to the required cross-section. For the version without annular space, the wound pipe is expanded after or during its introduction so that it has a close fit position the the existing pipe.
Fields of application:
- Non-pressurized pipes
- Sewerage and industry
- Suitable for all pipe materials
- Dimensions between DN 150 mm and DN 3000 mm (depending on system and nominal dimensions)
- Circular, oval and square profiles possible (depending on system and nominal dimensions)
- Installation length: up to 200m (depending on system and nominal dimensions)
- Rehabilitation of slight bends possible (depending on system and nominal dimensions)
- Flexible application
- Depending on the system the installation can be implemented with simultaneous water drainage (up to approx. 25% of pipe cross-section). When filling the gap, the receiving water must always be secured.
- Installation is possible via existing shafts; depending on the system and the shaft situation the removal of the cone or a trench can be required.
- Stability can be restored with annular space and corresponding drift even in the case of old pipe category III.
- Certain systems or nominal dimensions require temporary shaft reconstruction to allow for the equipment access (winding machine).
- The version with annular space involves significant reduction in cross-section.
- In the case of ground water ingress preliminary sealing is required.